Temozolomide is recommended as the initial chemotherapy treatment for patients with brain cancer. The medicine is most commonly used for the treatment of type of brain tumour known as a glioma. Known as alkylating agents, it is used to control the growth and multiplication of cancerous cell.
Dosage : Temozolomide 20 mg, Temozolomide 100 mg, Temozolomide 250 mg
How it is Administered
- The capsule should be swallowed whole with plenty of water.
- It should be taken timely everyday in an empty stomach.
Side EffectsBased on the resistance of the body and stage of the cancer, different people may react differently to the use of drug. Some may experience few side effects while other may experience more. We have listed below few of the common side effect associated with Temozolomide:
- Lowered resistance to infection
- Bruising or bleeding
- Loss of appetite and temporary taste alterations
- Tiredness and feeling weak
- Tell your doctor about the other medicines you are taking, including vitamins, herbal supplements and over the counter drugs.
- Take care while driving or operating the machineries, since the use of the drug may cause drowsiness.
- Discuss with your doctor, if you are planning to become pregnant or father of a child If you feel uneasy or sick after taking the medicine immediately inform your doctor, as you may not need another one. Do not take another without the recommendation of the doctor.
- If you forget to take a capsule do not take double dose. Consult you doctor and maintain a regular dose schedule.
- Store the capsules in a cool dry place in its original packaging, away from heat and sunlight.
- Keep the capsule in safe place away from reach of the children.