Product Code : 67
- Drug Type
- Specific Drug
- Physical Form
- As per doctor guidelines
- Suitable For
- Suitable For All
- Storage Instructions
- At room temperature
Tamoxifen is an orally active Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERUM ) that is extensively used for the treatment of breast cancer. The medicine is prescribed for treatment of both early and advanced stage of cancer. Developed thirty years ago, the drug has a potential to treat various other conditions including infertility.
Dosage : Tamoxifen 10 mg, Tamoxifen 20 mg
How it is Administered
- Tamoxifen should be swallowed whole with a glass of water
- It is usually prescribed as a single dose and should be taken at the same time daily
- The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach
- It is normally prescribed for five years
Women should carefully discuss their specific risk factors for cardiovascular and other diseases with their doctors and assess the benefits and risks of taking Tamoxifen. Though the overall occurrence of side effects is relatively low among women who take tamoxifen, the following side effects have been reported.
- Flushes and sweats
- Nausea and indigestion
- Weight gain
- Change in periods
- Tamoxifen can increase the effect of the drug warfarin, which is used to thin the blood to prevent the clotting of the blood.
- If you have a history of blood clots or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) inform your doctor, as the medicine may not be suitable for you.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant.
- If you feel sick or uneasy just after taking the medicine inform your doctor.
- Store the tablet in it's original packing in a cool dry place, away from heat or sunlight.
- Keep the tablets in a safe place, out of reach of children